Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kapihan: Rare reunion


Every petal contributes to the beauty of the blooming flower. And each one has a function to keep the whole its beauty, color and perfect fume. Even the leaves, the stalk, the stem the roots has a contribution to it.
On July 16, all these relatively scattered parts will assemble again in their reunion. Perhaps, the last chance that they will all be together (minus one as their father is already gone to the spirit world).
I am referring to my family of Crisostomo-Cadano. My only sister Liwliwa or Lily who just hurdled a cancer surgery, chemotherapy and other rehabilitating and painful ways will go home to make a "final glance" on her birth-place, see our mother, our sick eldest brother who still have to undergo a bypass operation, and the lupang hinirang in general. She is already based in USA as a nurse and as a family woman. She will be accompanied by her 2 daughters and soon be joined by her husband who will arrive later.
My twin brother from Saudi Arabia will also come after his job contract in his company employer is said to be fine. I don't know the details now of his new job.
My brother next to me Amado who is a designer in Riyadh will also go home. This will be a rare opportunity for all the clan to be together after Papang died last 1998.
I am set to have my surgical operation too this August but I tried to maneuver my schedule. I opted to go home and joined my family as I am presently job-less and in job-seeking period too. My contract has expired long time ago. But on the system of Japan's private firms, there is no guarantee on one's employment as they don't go with papers and documents. They just let you in and whenever they don't like your services or if your service to their company is done, then you are done too.
I hope to have a tribal mission while waiting for any possible reply on my job application. I hope things will be in good schedule too. I believe that if God plans, things will be smooth as envisioned by Him.
May it be done to us according to His will.

No comments: