Thursday, December 25, 2008

My December 25th



Last night, I was cramming to find something good to surprise my kids upon going home from work. I wished to offer them something simple that I know they would enjoy to celebrate Christmas eve. I cant find the nice KFC fried chicken they like. I have to look for another one amidst the snowing and cold weather in Nagano City. But pizza though looks good was not their favorite. Hmmmmm… this is one challenge of a father and one not in the life of a single fellow during Christmas.

As I recall, the exchange-gift program during Christmas was more to think by students as I did during my student ‘years. Im not yet in the twilight age anyway.

I got one roasted chicken to make a simple Christmas family gathering as we wish to greet Lord Jesus on His birthday. But I was the one surprised by my eldest son when I saw the dining table.

There were 7 sliced roll cake for everyone! I asked Joseph who gave it or where it came from. He said Santa Claus give it. And I saw his rare filial smile. And he with his teary eyes later told me he made the cake by himself as he was just simply following the instructions written on the bought flour-cake-pack. As first year junior high school, I wonder how my son did it. I dont know how to bake a cake. And there were icing, strawberry and some toppings on his self-made cake.

More internally I asked myself how and to waht extent could my son think of Christmas and prepare something for its celebration in his own humble way. That really surprised me.

I saw my wife starting to prepare the pasta to make something. I went to the kitchen and did the spaghetti for all.

Aw we gather to have a dinner, I explained to my kids that Christmas is the birthday of Jesus and He was born with a special mission for humanity. After my prayer, we all sing Christmas songs and dine together to make the Christmas eve a solemn one.

Roasted chicken for the kids from a father, cake from the eldest son for all, spaghetti from a mother for all. And the internal of sharing and giving nice foods to each one in our hidden way to make all happy in a simple way.

Merry Christmas to all. Happy birthday Lord Jesus. We love you!!!

No comments: