Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Coldest Winter in my life


Nagano- Since 1998 Nagano was a world-known winter-sports venue as it hosted that year the winter olympic games. Nagano with its alps and and ranges of mountains is a real countryside beauty of Japan.
But in my life, it is now 3 years and I experienced this year the coldest winter in life. Last February I got some nights with -18 degrees Celsius here. Four blankets and futons for the night are still inadequate. And I need to increase from five to six my layers pants and shirts and coats when I go to school; from double to triple head-bonnets down to the socks and boots.
Eventually, this winter too was a freezing cold winter between me and my wife. Since November til now, we got no love-life. The kids slept with me if not with their mum at the other room. Why? There was no world-war but just our "normal" poor communications between since we stayed here in Japan. Her shouting style to instruct or command her kids are bizarre. Her self-centered family governance while we stay here in her own country is making me secluded and far.
As a Filipino I found that life here is not environmented with romance and social relationship. I don't discover for more the cause. It maybe cultural if not, a domino of one who has no direct access to their nihonggo language; one who cant enjoy the industry and development as he has no knowledge on wehre and what due to language barrier.
At work, life is a daily winter time as well for me. Only three sentences I am used every day: "Ohayo guzaimasu", "Otsukaresama desu" and " Osaki ni sitsuri shimasu." How can you make a heat in relating to your co-workers in that?
For three years, life here is a real freezing winter. Will there be spring, summer or autumn for me here? Until when will this freezing life-winter be?
Thanks for the blog as my writing here makes me warm in a sense relatively.

No comments: