Friday, March 7, 2008

Pagbabalik tanaw (reflection): Maliliit na bagay


As if I want to look on small things in terms of their values and importance.
And what are these small things?
As I look to the newly posted pictures of my nephew, he was on his white nursing uniform but was with his friends taking their lunch. I noticed the lunch was wrap by the common banana leaves making the rice even aromatic to its nice mold when wrap. Japanese use nori to wrap a small molded rice too.
What makes me reflecting out from that was my elementary time when I do harvest nice banana leaves in the afternoon, and try to preserve it with a smoke-process we call "halob". Several stalk of banana leaves and after the smoke-processing, we wiped it and pack it to a certain number of sheets. Then we bring it to the fish market vendors and sell these as their fish wrappers for their fish-buying customers.
It was not only the commercial value I want to refresh from. The days , the early days of resourcefulness are nice thing to recall. How I wish to have banana fields and farm here too. Pinas is unique, full of resources. But resourcefulness of the Filipinos now seemed to be down as they rely more or depend by now from others.
As my 2 girls showed their paper dolls the other day, recycling of paper makes some nice crafts and these kids doing it are also given a nice oppurtunity. It is all used paper but the value of it when program to a certain objective makes a great thing.
Perhaps, when I do the morning 40-minute walk, there can be just so good to value too. As I pass by some olds or meet walking unknown persons, I try to smile and greet them. That can be a small thing, but I think there is something in it when those guys start thinking who was that one greeting them. The walk is not just to save my bus fare too. I think it also give something more to my physical body as my daily exercise. I hope the towellete and hanky I put on my back and chest respectively before I wear my t-shirt helped my sweat unwet my shirt as I go direct to my daily work. I just remove the two before starting my office works.
When I arrived at the apartment, I used to change my clothes at the wash room. In there, I could notice the bulk of dirty clothes for laundry. Before I get out from the wash room, I made the first house-duty to do the laundry just after I have changed to my house-clothes. I think, my wife should just be happy too on that. I cant see her giving value to it, but I know it helps all of us in that apartment.
When I go to my pc, I post mails, news, sharing, and others I can consider educational for many. I dont get any reply or feedback from most. They may just be readers. I think it has given them too a little thing to know if not to contemplate further for the day.
A little reflection for little things I value.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks a lot for some educational topic to learn from your site.