Thursday, November 22, 2007

Midnight change


Nagano, Japan- Although the TV announced yesterday morning that the day will be cloudy and snowing, but yesterday was quite fine although it has scattered and little rain shower and changing cloudy skies. The mountains around are still seen with their colorful leaves of green to yellow to maroon and brown. Some leaves continously are falling still. When I walked back home yesterday evening, it was so cold and the cloudy skies were changing.
This morning, the TV again announced that it will be a cloudy and snowy day.
When I walked out this morning, I noticed immediately that the mountains are now fullt covered with snow although not so thick yet. The green mountains and hills are now grayish with the snow toppings. I looked at the streets. It's all wet although I cant see rainfalls. I checked the roofs and the cars around. I cant see a snow nor flakes.
As I continue walking along the streets, I noticed that some running cars are also top-covered by snow. Hence, I made it clear to my mind that there was a midnight snow in those high altitude places and not much in the lower places wehre the thin snow got melted easily on the streets.
Iba ang bagyohan ng Pinas at ang snow falls ng Nagano talaga! Flashfloods ika nga at lubog ka na sa Pinas. Sa Nagano naman, habang tulog at balot ka ng makakapal na futon at kumot, may midnight changes naman sa paggising mo. Wala na ang kagandahan ng mga berdeng bulubunduking paligid. Napalitan ang berdeng tanawin na ng tila na predyeder na berdeng gulay na balot ng mapuputing isnow!
What a midnight change!
Nov. 22, 2007

No comments: