Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A New Horizon or Back to Square 1?


There were some feedbacks this morning after I posted the news on the ouster of JDV and the new Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines. Thanks to our online dailies that give us a big window to know what is going on in our lupang hinirang thru the cyberspace.


One asks, "papano ngayon yan?" and the question was somehow pointing to the GPF and the providence?


To me JDV is JDV. With or without his position he is still the JDV I know. The thing that perhaps made many worried is the influence one can get from a Speaker of the House. Perhaps the PR department of some NGO's are more worried on this. Am I right Tita?


This could be more painful to one who too has invested much to the person if not for the position.


But what are those positions when the pioneers did their job two or three decades ago? Was there a speaker who helped them stand? Was there a mayor who welcomed or helped them in the town or city during their pioneering time? Yet, they survive. Centers sprout!


I think only the international leaders are so keen to tap the enfluential people in the land. And the movement spent a lot without having one from them joining the FR team. Huh! Then, let then tap them. And they too will tapped later. Laruin mo at lalaruin ka rin nila, ika nga!
In fairness, there are educators too who have done their great part.


To me, doing a mission in my own locality with an integrated program on education, livelihood and community services are more meaningful in that dimension. I rather go for that level than go to a horizon where my foundation is not that strong.


Philippine politics is still so cain-type that a cry for a moral revolution costs s life-time career and profession. I hope not the commitment and dedication of one like JDV.

No comments: