Thursday, December 27, 2007

Weekend Hilltop Exercises and Daily Walk

If I take a bus everyday from my apartment to my work, I would spend 400 yen or P140.00 a day.



Moreover, I won't have a time nor chance to stretch and exercise my body before and after the daily work. My routine is from 7:30 in the morning to 6:00 in the evening. After the work, I feel stressed and tired while the climate is getting lower and colder. That makes me bad to have a late afternoon exercise. Don't ask my age. Huh!

If I do the morning fast-walk from my apartment to the school office, it takes me 30 minutes to reach the place. However, my under shirt and pants would be wet by sweat. Fine if I do walk going home. I can normally change my working clothes to house-clothes. Daejuvu. But in the morning, I have to change my under shirt and pants. So, as I reached the office building, I regularly go to the comfort room to take out and change my under shirt and pants and wipe my body as well. This may be an additional part of my routine but, I think, it helped me find a little of physical balance for my body and health. The only struggle this winter time is the skin-hitting temperature in the morning when you walk at less than zero degree temperature even if the sun is rising. This is the nature of Nagano ken in Japan.


And I have a little daily savings too! Hmmm!


For the weekend exercise, I missed the weekends when my friends before would bring me and two of my kids to a natural park for a hilltop-walk. That was enjoying and fun as well as a good exercise too. A family time as well to consider. That was nice for a family who has a car too. But as we dont have any here in Japan, going to hilltop is far and difficult. Thanks to those friends who offer their time and services before.


Kuo-en or children's park is normal for weekend. The kids can throw and catch a baseball with their kid's gloves. A restore bicycle from a garbagge shed is nice to pedal as well during the weekend for an exercise. An hour or less is more than enough to stretch. At anyhow, the house chores like cleaning, laundry, "futon-sun-bathing", and other house-chores are many to accomplish during weekends too.
But how I miss by now the sports days in my life. When my kids will ask permission from me to go downstairs and have a ball game with their tomodachi at the park, I feel far from the sports. I hope I can look for a home-based workout or games to sweat and burnout some of my calories and unwanted fats.
But the daily walk is now a routine to me.





No comments: